Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Why Blog?

I've decided to try blogging...and I may end up doing it to excess. Over the next month, I will likely be blogging on two fronts. In my "day job" as a technology executive, I will be launching a blog on enterprise security, to be hosted by ebizQ.net - launch date...sometime at the end of May. If you're interested, please do stop by and check it out at:

http://www.ebizq.net/blogs/security_insider/

This blog has a distinctly different focus. This blog is about exploring what it looks like to see Christ glorified in all of life - especially the realm of business and culture. I'm blogging here for three primary reasons:

1. It's an expression of my modest but sincere passion to engage the world around me with the gospel of Jesus Christ.

2. I love to write - this is not a burden but a joy. Perhaps it's the way I'm wired but the more I write, the better I learn and understand a topic. I trust this will stimulate much learning for me.

3. I trust by God's grace that it may serve others. I'm not aware of any blog that specifically engages the arena of business and culture with a gospel driven worldview. I'm sure several such blogs must exist so I hope what I do here may positively contribute to that effort.

The "Every Square Inch" blog is inspired from the quote by Abraham Kuyper, a truly gifted man who as a pastor, theologian, writer and statesman once said -

"There is not a square inch in the whole domain of our human existence over which Christ, who is Sovereign over all, does not cry: 'Mine!'"

This blog will hopefully be an ongoing exploration and conversation on what it means to engage the worlds of business and culture with the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ. Please join me.

No comments: